Internet Access Policy
The STS is a Public Transportation Service provided by the Seneca Nation. While requirements are set forth below, it is important to
describe the STS’s internet usage philosophy. Free internet access is provided to riders and operators for your entertainment and convenience at a cost to the STS program. It is a privilege to use and all passengers, operators and/or other users shall employ appropriate and respectful behavior as everyone is entitled to a safe, clean and pleasant experience. All users should conduct themselves honestly and appropriately on the internet, and respect applicable rules, policies and laws including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, software licensing rules, property rights, privacy, harassment, obscenity and child pornography.
Internet access is provided via an unsecured wireless network. It is strongly recommended that you do not use it to transmit personal, financial, or legal data. STS is not responsible for malicious theft or interception of data transmitted over our wireless network. STS assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for harm done to laptop/PDA configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the wireless service. Virus and security protection is the responsibility of the wireless user. STS operators do not provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
In order that all patrons of our public transit system may enjoy the ride, we ask that all users:
- Utilize headphones when using personal electronic devices
- Be respectful of other passengers. STS does not control or restrict anyone’s access, but may monitor usage. Please be sensitive about viewing
material that can be seen by others.
- Use the internet for legal purposes only.
- Supervision or restriction of a minor’s (under age of 18) access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
To access the Mobile Hotspot:
- Open the Wi-Fi application on your computer or Wi-Fi capable device that you want to connect
- Find the Wi-Fi network named sts01 or sts02
- Enter the password snidot@123
- Your device is now connected to the internet
- The driver has no access to and cannot alter the device settings.
The Seneca Nation, STS and Operators are not responsible for service connectivity, service coverage or loss of service. The Seneca Nation, STS and Operators are not responsible for information accessible through the internet or its content. Users access and use the internet at their own discretion.
Misuse or abuses of internet access will result in suspension of privileges. Unlawful actions will be reported to law enforcement.